Every Monday I am shuffling through my “Discover Weekly” Spotify list. It is always funny to discover new stuff based on my recent likings. There was this song “Que sera, sera – Whatever will be, will be” popping up and for the very first time, I listened with intent.
As you may know, I am not a native English speaking person. I love most of the songs because of their melody or their rhythm. Simply because I don’t understand most of the song texts because of its speed. The song “Que sera, sera” however, is really easy to understand.
The next phrase in this song is: “The future is not ours to see, whatever will be, will be.”
My question to you today: Are you trusting that whatever will be, will be?
Will you trust that
- Your body won’t change its physique overnight?
- Your social media addiction won’t go away in a week (although there is a chance!)?
- Where you are right now, is exactly where you are supposed to be?
- You are capable of so much more than you can imagine right now?
- there is an infinite power inside of yourself?
- You do not have to walk the way you are walking on right now?
Below I will share with you action steps to the questions above, so that you can shift your mindset and enjoy the present moment.
Your Body won’t change its physique overnight
Imagine your typical day at work. Your body glued to your office chair, a cup of coffee or your favourite latte and a huge pile of work on your desk. At 9am, you crave something sweet and you grab a bar of chocolate, a fruit or something else. You deserve it! You worked so hard!
After lunchtime you have your common 3pm energy slump and you something other sweet. You are doing this day in, day out. In the evening, you are so tired, that you do not want to do any exercise. You had a hard day at work and it is your time now.
Your body will change. If you continue eating like this, you will gain some weight for sure. This is what happened to me. I worked at HARIBO Switzerland, they import sweets from the HARIBO factory to sell it here in Switzerland. We had sweets all over the place and it was the death for my healthy lifestyle. Creating bad routines are easily done but hard to break.
What you can do:
- Eat a protein rich breakfast (omelette, scrambled eggs, muesli with chia seeds)
- Grab a piece of fruit
- Drink water
- Have a water bottle on your desk and fill it up regularly
Your social media addiction won’t go away in a week
How many times are you unlocking your screen and scroll through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc.? Are you addicted to likes, comments and retweets? What is now, is now. But you are always one step ahead of your next decision.
What you can do:
- Charge your phone overnight in the living room
- Do something first in the morning before grabbing your phone
- Store your phone in your purse
- Delete apps on your phone if you can’t resist opening them all the time
- Turn off all notifications (I only have the Whatsapp Notification and Facebook Messenger notification turned on. I always know that it is something personal for me and not just a post that randomly popped up.)
Where you are now, is where you are supposed to be
You took decisions in your life and where you are right now is the consequence of your choices. How does this statement make you feel? Sometimes it is hard to accept, but it is the truth. Where you are right now, is exactly where you need to be.
What you can do:
- Start a journal and jot down your thoughts
- Before you decide something, take a deep breath and ask yourself: Is this what I truly want?
- Take time for yourself by reading a book or listening to music
You are capable of so much more
There is a quote I found on Pinterest that says:
“And then you stand smiling on your way, looking back and thinking:
Back there, when I thought, it can’t go on.”
How many times have you proved yourself that there is a way?
How many times did you fall on the ground and got back up? You wouldn’t be here, if you didn’t.
- I once was standing at the edge of a platform ready to jump 18 metres free fall in an adventure park. It took me 10 minutes to jump. I survived and I would do it again!
- When my former boyfriend hurt me and told me nasty things, I went on and found my current partner of now seven years
- When I cried myself into sleep every day until I quit my job without having a new one. Four years later I can admit, it was the best decision!
There are hundreds and thousands of other stories out there. Never give up, sweetheart!
You have an infinite power inside of yourself
This leads me to the next point: Having infinite power inside of yourself. You are your own worst critic but you are also your own best friend. Trust yourself that you have the knowledge and the power to cope with life.
What you can do:
- Make a list of all the achievements in your life so far
- Write down 10 things that you love about yourself
- Jot down 10 things you want to do in the next twelve months – and do them!
You do not have to walk the same way as yesterday
Because this is the most important thing: Just because you have done something the past 25 years, you do not have to do it tomorrow. Nobody is holding a gun on your head and tells you to go to work, pay bills, wear a dress or eat chocolate.
There are some social consequences if you do not do something the right way (like not paying bills) but in the first place you do not HAVE to do all the things.
You are the leader of your life and you decide how your life unfolds. This is your life.
Do you know, that you are the most beautiful person in the world?
Do you want further guidance?
I created my Happy You Coaching program, helping women like you find their purpose in life, create loving routines and live life on their own terms. Click here to learn more.